The Music Show
The event, held over two days that brought together all types of music and featured live performances, workshops and masterclasses, along with hands-on training and demonstrations of the latest music equipment and technology.
The event took place at Manchester Central. Our key objectives for The Music Show were to:
• Drive ticket sales and visitors to the show
• Build third party partnerships with local organisations, including Manchester City Council, MEN Media and Marketing Manchester
• Maximise media coverage in the months leading up the event
• Target a wide audience including student musicians and aspiring bands, established musicians and education leaders
The PR activity included:
Partnership introductions with: Marketing Manchester, XFM radio as official broadcast media partner, MEN Media,
– We Love MCR Charity – became the official charity partner for the Music Show. A bursary of £1000 was donated to the Powerhouse Youth Centre in Moss Side via the Charity to go towards music equipment for the new music studio. Members of the Powerhouse attended the Music Show
– PR Stunts – worked with Royal Northern College of Music for students to deliver a ‘flashmob’ stunt in Manchester city centre which was promoted via social media to create a buzz ahead of the event. Promo staff were hired to hand out promo materials about the event.
– Various press releases and interviews with guest speakers and exhibitors targeted at trade and regional media.
– Media management during the event including interviews with MEN, XFM and BBC Radio Manchester
The Music Show was the first show of its kind in Manchester, so there was nothing to measure it against in terms of exceeding visitor numbers but the show welcomed more than 2,500 visitors over the two days and the feedback received from visitors was positive.
We generated pre-event coverage across trade, local and regional press. Including:
– Manchester Evening News
– Lancashire Living
– Music Radar
– Manchester’s Finest
– Click Manchester
– Sound On Sound
We also generated coverage on BBC Radio Manchester in the weekend entertainment news section prior to the show, and secured an interview with Chris Martin live on air on the Saturday morning of the show.
Media who attended over the two days included MiPro, XFM, Sound On Sound, Wythenshawe FM.