1. Your Privacy
Bird Consultancy are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Your right to privacy is important to us and we recognise that when you choose to provide us with information about yourself, you trust us to act in a responsible manner. Any personal information that you provide to us over this site is accessible only by Bird Consultancy employees.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is The Bird Consultancy Limited of New Church House, 34 John Dalton Street, Manchester, M2 6LE (Bird Consultancy).
Our primary goal in collecting information is to provide you with information, products and services that are most relevant to you and to provide you with efficient and effective service while using our site.
You may visit our site and browse without giving us any personal information. However you may wish to register with us to access additional content and or to download products and further information.
Please read on for more details about our privacy practices.
2. Information We May Collect From You
At times we may request that you voluntarily supply us with personal information. Generally this information is only requested when you register for an online information service or if you provide information in order to effect an online transaction (where available).
When you request information from us we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, company address, telephone number. This is so that we can respond to your request in an efficient and timely manner.
When you register for a promotional offer, we may ask for your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address so we can administer the promotion and respond to you accordingly.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
If you sign up for our e-newsletter / news updates you can "Opt-out" and we will promptly comply with your request.
3. Non-Personally Identifiable Information
This refers to information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. We may gather this information each time you access our site. This information, which may be compiled and analysed on both an individual or aggregated basis, may include:
- Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the site you visited just prior to accessing our site, the URL you go to after leaving our site, what browser you are using, and your Internet Protocol (IP) address.
- We may perform statistical analyses of aggregate customer behaviour. For instance, we may analyse which pages on our site receive the most visitors or how long visitors spend reviewing those pages when visiting the site. This allows us to measure relative customer interest in the various areas of our site.
- We then use that information to improve the content of www.birdconsultancy.co.uk to enhance your experience when visiting the site, to customise the content and/or layout of the site's pages, and to provide the services required by our individual customers.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal data, however, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site and any transmission is at your own risk.
We are committed to security. Bird Consultancy promises to quickly work to remedy any vulnerabilities found in our site. If you have questions about our commitment to security or concerns about a security issue in one of our products or website, please contact us.
5. Disclosure of your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Bird Consultancy or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of supply and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Bird Consultancy, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
6. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at 34 John Dalton Street, Manchester, M2 6LE.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
7. Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
8. What about Cookies?